Bu sayfadaki içerik, Adobe Flash Player'ın daha yeni bir sürümünü gerektiriyor.

Adobe Flash player Edinin

Bu sayfadaki içerik, Adobe Flash Player'ın daha yeni bir sürümünü gerektiriyor.

Adobe Flash player Edinin

  Antalya
  Kemer
  Alanya
  Belek
  Side
  Kemer
  Alanya
  Belek
Select Property Type
for Sale - for Rent
City
Price Range
 
 
MSN Messenger
 
 
 
user login
  1 $  4.7044 TL
  1 €  5.4809 TL
  1 £  6.2430 TL
  1 DKK  0.73426 TL
       
  1 TL   0.2126 $
  1 TL   0.1825
  1 TL   0.1602 £
  1 TL   1.3619 DKK

 

Main Page

ANTALYA REGION
 
Antalya Centrum
 TERMESSOS




Termessos is perhaps the most interesting ancient city in Antalya region. It is a Psidian city built at a height of 1050 meters in the Taurus Mountains. Termessos constitutes an unusual synthesis of a large number of rare plants and animal species, which are under protection in the Termessos National Park. When turning off the Antalya-Burdur highway (11 km.) in the direction of Korkuteli, the Termessos signpost will be seen 14 km. further on, and Termessos itself is a further 9 km. A visit to this site requires time and the stamina to walk uphill, because Termessos is built entirely on a mountainous area difficult to access.
The inhabitants of Termessos were known as the Solyms but unlike those of other cities of the time they did not come from the sea and were entirely of Anatolian origin. What is known of their history commences principally at the time that Alexander the Great surrounded the city in 333 B.C., which he likened to an eagle's nest and failed to conquer. Termessos, after a gradual decline, was finally abandoned in the 5th century A.D. Some of the remains found there are the walls, the Hadrian's triumphal arch, the cisterns, the theater, the gymnasium, the agora, the odeon and the heroon. Among the tombs which are scattered far and wide can be seen those of Alcates, Agatemeros and the Lion decorated sarcophagi, which are extraordinary.
 ARIASSOS


At a distance of 48 Km. along the Antalya Burdur highway and before arriving at the village Dag, turn left and Ariassos is reached 1 Km. further on. A city of antiquity, Ariassos was built in a valley and could survey its surroundings. The gate, the baths, the rock tombs and the mausoleum are worth seeing.
 KARATAY MEDRESE
  The entrance door and the niche are fine examples of the Seljuk art of carving. It was built in 1250 by Emir Celaleddin Karatay and advantage was taken of the Roman walls when building it.
 MURAT PASHA MOSQUE
  This is on Sarampol Avenue. It was built in 1570 by Kuyucu Murat Pasha and repaired in 1960.
 TEKELI MEHMET PASHA MOSQUE
  This is in the vicinity of the Kalekapisi (Clock Tower). It is not known exactly when it was built but it is believed to be between 1593-1607 by Tekeli Mehmet Pasha.
The Inner Bailey
 THE FORTRESS AND YACHT HARBOR








The ancient city center enclosed by the sea and land walls is today called the Kale Ici (Inner Bailey). The streets and buildings still bear the marks of Antalya's history. The characteristic of the houses do not lie only in their architecture but reflect the living habits, customs and social ways of the inhabitants of ancient Antalya and are thus a valuable source of information.
This streets within the bailey are narrow, and stretch upwards from the harbor and along by the walls. The difference in the houses shows the economic status of the owners or the purpose for which they were used. However, they share many common factors. Most of them were built of masonry interspersed with timber.
Each one has a front and back garden. They are very few windows on the street side of the first floor of the house. On the top floor is a cumba or trellised projection in harmony with the architecture of the house and street, adorned with wooden ornaments. The center of the house is on the ground floor and opens onto a paved courtyard called taslik and where there are wooden benches. This leads into the ground floor rooms and there is also a staircase to the upper floors. The ground floor is largely the house's servicing area and consists of the kitchen, storage room, etc. while the upper floor contains the living quarters, although kitchen and storage room can sometimes be seen on the top floor. The upper floor rooms are larger and lighter with large windows. In some of these houses the top floor rooms have two rows of windows, one on top of the other, and in some cases the upper rows do not have any glass only wooden lattices. The bottom row can be opened. In the upper part of some of the cumba are small pieces of glass, sometimes colored. A few of the buildings within the harbor have been restored and restoration is continuing. Today in the inner bailey, can be found places of entertainment, guesthouses, restaurants, shops selling souvenirs and old carpets and other necessities, a supermarket servicing the yacht as well as other amenities required by them, and it is in fact an attractive center of tourism.
The port of Antalya was formerly considered after Mersin as the only port on Turkey's western seaboard where ships could dock. However, today it is used exclusively as a yacht harbor. After the new industrial harbor west of Antalya went into operation, the former port became known as the Yacht Harbor.
 THE CITY WALLS
The ancient city of Antalya was protected by two walls, in the shape of a horseshoe, one enclosing it along the shore and the other inland. In addition, there were walls within the city separating the various settlements, and a great number of towers on the outer walls at 50 paces from each other. These walls date back to ancient times and, as was the general rule, the Romans built on the Hellenistic foundations and these were subsequently widens and repaired by the Seljuks. Many stone blocks with ancient inscriptions were used and the walls were well protected until the end of the 19th century. Today in the city can be seen the remains of some of the walls, a few turrets, Hadrian's Gate, the Clock Tower, and the Hidirlik Tower.
 HADRIAN'S GATE
This is one of the best preserved monuments in Antalya. This Roman edifice was built in 130 A.D. to honor the Emperor Hadrian. Formerly the city walls enclosed the outside of the gate and it was not used for many years. This may be the reason why it has not been destroyed, and it was only revealed when the walls collapsed. It is considered as Pamphylia's most beautiful Gate. The upper part has three apertures in the shape of a cupola, and except for the pillars is built entirely of white marble. The ornamentation is very striking. The original Gate was two storeys but little is known of the top storey.
On either side of the Gate are towers, which are known not to have been built at the same time. The southern one is known as the Julia Sancta tower and is a work of the Hadrian era. It was constructed of plain stone blocks. While the base of the northern tower belongs to antiquity, the upper part is left over from the Seljuks.
It is worth while stopping in front of the Gate and reflecting for a few moments. On the one hand you are standing on modern Antalya's dual carriageway, lined with palm and orange trees, Ataturk Caddesi, while behind you is ancient Attaleia, the past and the present separated by Pamphylia's most beautiful Gate, which itself has on either side towers representing the art and civilization of two different epochs. This blending of the epochs is something peculiar to Antalya and can be often seen.
 THE HIDIRLIK TOWER
This tower, which has a square base surmounted by a cylindrical edifice, can be seen at the southern most point of the land walls. Belonging to ancient times, there is a large square block in the interior. The tower is a very solid building and, from the shape of the inside, it is thought to have been used for defense or to send out signals by lighting a fire.
 THE TRUNCATED MINARET MOSQUE
Examination of this building reveals that it dates to the 2nd century A.D. and that in the 5th century A.D. a basilica was built on an ancient temple. The son of Bayazit II, Sultan Korkud, transformed it into a mosque and had a minaret added. When a fire broke out in the 19th century the timber section of the minaret was burnt out, and since then it has been called the truncated minaret. It is to this day in a state of disrepair and does not function as a mosque, but as visitors can see ancient, Byzantine and Seljuk remains all at one time, it still serves as an unusually interesting sight.
 THE FLUTED MINARET AND COMPLEX


The Kalekapisi neighborhood is where number of buildings of Seljuk origin are concentrated, and consist of the following: the Fluted (Yivli) Minaret, the Yivli Mosque, the Giyaseddin Keyhusrev Medrese, the Seljuk Medrese, the Mevlevi Han, the Zincirkiran Mausoleum and the Nigar Hatun Mausoleum.

The Fluted Minaret is one of the first Muslim edifices in Antalya and is an 18th century work of the Seljuk period. Its base is of hewn stone and the trunk of bricks and turquoise colored tiles, and it has eight grooves. This minaret has now become the symbol of Antalya. It is 38 meters high and the top is reached by 90 steps.

The Yivli Minaret Mosque is to the west of the Truncated Minaret. It is the oldest example of the multicupola construction in Anatolia; it is covered by six semi-spherical cupolas. It was built in 1372 by Balaban Tavsi and it can be seen that ancient ruins have been used in addition to other products in its construction.

Giyaseddin Keyhusrev had the Medrese built in his name by Atabey Armagan in 1239. Facing the entrance of this building are the ruins of what is thought to be a 13th century Seljuk Medrese.

The Zincirkiran Mausoleum is north of the Fluted Minaret in the upper garden and is of Seljuk design. However, because of the simplicity of the exterior, of having windows, and the tombs being at a lower level, it has the characteristics of the Ottoman Mausoleums. In was built in 1379 and contains three tombs.

The Nigar Hatun Mausoleum is also north of the Fluted Minaret. It is of simple design and is hexagonal in shape. The Seljuk style mausoleum dates back to 1502.

It is believed that the Mevlevis house to the west of the Zincirkiran Mausoleum was built by Aladdin Keykubat in 1225. Its inscription has been effaced, but the building has been repaired and is today used as a fine arts gallery.
 ISKELE MOSQUE
This is a very small and pretty mosque in the old Yacht Harbor. It is not known when it was built, but it was repaired within the framework of the Inner Bailey restoration project.
AKSU
 PERGE










Perge is 18 km. east of Antalya between the Duden and Aksu streams. This is reached along the Antalya-Alanya highway, turning north at Aksu, going 2 km. further on. As it was not located on the coast, it was not subjected to raids by pirates and therefore continued its progress without interruption. It was settled in 1200 B.C. In 223 B.C. Perge, like Side, reached an agreement with Alexander and thus did not go to war or suffer the usual ravages. It lived through the Hellenistic, the Roman and the Byzantine epochs. Its 15,000 spectator theater was built in the 2nd century A.D., and the nearby stadium could hold 12,000 people. With the exception of the Aphrodisias stadium, it is the best preserved in Anatolia. There are 30 rooms, believed to have been used as shops, underneath the stadium seats. A great many statues and other valuable items have been unearthed in recent digs, many of which are in the Antalya Museum. Some of the things worth seeing in Perge are the Hellenistic gate, the agora, the nymphaeum, the colonnaded streets, the sarcophagi, the basilica and the acropolis.
x
ALANYA
 KIZIL KULE (RED TOWER)


After capturing Alanya in 1221, Sultan Aladdin Keykubat gives an order to build a monument which will ensure that Alanya, the symbol of the Turkish rule over the seas, will always stay under the sovereignty of the Turks. Kizil Kule, which still stands strong in its grandeur as it was the day it was built, is named after the reddish stones used in the lower section also after the bricks in the upper section. The cut stones used in the lower section of the tower are believed to be brought from the east of the Dim Strait. Due to the site that Kizil Kule is built on, there is 2 meters difference in elevation between the west side and the east side of the tower. Therefore the height in the east side is 35 meters and the height in the west side is 33 meters. Portraying a smooth octagonal shape the tower is of five storeys. At Kizil Kule, the section which rises up to the fourth floor right in the middle forms the backbone of the tower, is also used as an extension of the museum to exhibit ethnographic artifacts used around Alanya. It is known that water requirement throughout the year was met by collecting the rain water into the cistern during the winter months with the use of small conduits around the tower.
 THE SELJUK SHIPYARD


This shipyard was built two years after the Kizil Kule (Red Tower) in 1228 by Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat. With this effort the Sultan realized his wish of becoming Sultan -ul- bahreyn (the Sultan of the two seas) by preventing possible attacks that may come from the east. The shipyard is 56.5 meters long, 44 meters wide and consists of five chambers. Each chamber is 7.70 meters wide and 42.30 meters deep.
 ALARA FORTRESS
This is an unusual tower built on a mountain rising straight up from the bed of the Alara stream which is 200 m. north of the Alara Han. It is not known when it was built, but it was repaired by the Seljuks when they captured it in 1231 and it was used for a long time during the Ottoman era.
 ALARA INN


Thirty kilometres before reaching Alanya on the Antalya-Alanya highway,one has to make a turn to Alara Han and continue 10 kms. It was built in 1231 on the orders of Sultan Alaeddin Keykubat I. It is a very solid construction, entered through a gate with inscriptions and lion heads. It has somewhat the appearance of a fortress as if warding it from aggressors.
 LEATRES-LEATRI
This historical city is situated 22 kms. from the center of the province, on a hill of 900 m. high Cebelireis Mountain, and is surrounded with sharp drops in the east, west and south directions. Today it is known that in relation to this historical town, coins were minted in the names of Trojan and Empress Herennia Etruscill. Found here churches, baths, cisterns, various dwellings, a small stadium, a theater, colonnaded streets and worshipping places almost all are in a bad condition. The remnant next to the stadium is the center of a church standing with its side naves and abscissa and having traces of red and light blue coloured frescoes in the interior. The innumereous inscriptions and the reliefs depicting the claws of an eagle and ox heads often seen in these ruins inherently takes one back deep into history. According to the inscriptions that are available, this area lived its best period between the first and third centuries. The temples that the city had between these centuries are Zeus-Megistos, Apollon and Caesar.
 SYEDRA ARCHEOLOGICAL RUINS


 The city of Syedra is situated on a hill which is the demarcation line between the present day villages of Kargycak and Seki. It is at a distance of 20 kms. to the center of Alanya. The center of the city or the big city is situated on a large hill. Now if you like, let's walk on the colonnaded street on which once the Kings and Queens used to stroll. This road is situated to the north of the temple and extends from east to west. We shall finally conclude our visit after walking along the colonnaded street and observing various ruined buildings on both sides of the road and the wall tabloids made with different colored mosaics that have lost very little from their originality after so many centuries. From the inscriptions and the coins minted in the names of Marcus Aureoles and Antonius between the years 138 and 161 found in the area, this big city is known to be the remnants of the Roman period.
 IOTAPE HISTORICAL PORT CITY
Iotape, which is known as Aytap by the local people, is 30 kms. to the east of Alanya. This city was named after King Antiachus' wife Iotape. During the progressing years, especially in the Roman Emperor Trainus (98-117) period, he had coins minted for his name. Although, this city has the appearance of the Roman period, we do not have any evidence of the clans that might have lived before, therefore Iotape can be rightly said to be a Roman period city. The city has a natural port measuring 50x100 meters.
 SARAPSA INN
This site, 15 km. before Alanya and was built during the time of the Seljuk Sultan Giyaseddin Keyhusrev II (1236-1245). It was constructed on a large area and the stone ceiling is still in a good state of repair. It is closed to the south. It, too, has the appearance of a fortress; its ornamental gate is on the north side. A small mosque is next to it.
FINIKE
 ARYKANDA (ARIF)








Arykanda is located 26 km. from Turuncova on the Finike-Elmali highway. After leaving the highway it is necessary to walk about 1 km. It is not known exactly when Arykanda, which dominated the Akarcay valley and its surroundings, was established. Based on finds from explorations, it is thought to have existed in the 5th century B.C. Although largely destroyed by an earthquake in 240 A.D., it continued to survive until the 11th century A.D. Known as Akalanda in Byzantine times, it was built on terraces; many of the buildings are in a good state of preservation.
 LIMYRA (TURUNCOVA, ZENGERLER)


Limyra is 11 km. beyond Kumluca on the Finike-Kumluca highway. It is known to have existed in the 5th century B.C. While suffering extensive damage from an earthquake in 141 A.D. Limyra rose again, but unable to withstand the Arab invasions in the 7th and 9th centruies A.D. the inhabitants abandoned the city. It consists of theree main parts, the acropolis, the settlement and the necropolis. The interesting rock tombs seen on the right of the road from Turuncova to Elmali do not belong to Limyra.
GAZIPASA
 ANTIOCHEIA AD CRAGUM
  It is located at the east of Gazipasha, in a village called South Village ( Guney Koy ) which is 18 km away from the town. The area has taken its name from the King of Kommagene, 4th Antiochus. The ruins of the city gathered on three hills. On the first hill, from west to east, located a castle from the Middle Ages, on the second hill there is a colonnaded street, an agora, a bath, a victory arch and a church, lastly, there is a Necropolis on the third hill. The buildings of the old city dated to the Roman and Byzantium periods. At the Necropolis of the city, the monumental graves with cradle vaults and precourtyards are preserved well. The temple in the area must have been built for the God Zeus Lamotes .
 ADANDA - LAMOS
  This ancient city is located at the 15th km. to northeast of Gazipasa. It was built at the peak of a mountain, 2 km. to the east of Adanda. The city is surrounded with city walls. There is a big tower at the east gate of the city. We can mention two other temples and a fountain carved into the rocks at the other ruins of the city. Also at the Necropolis there are very important one-piece-carved-stone sarcophagi. Possibly the city was the capital of the area called Lamotis . The ruins reflect the culture and the art of Clycia. The peak period of the city must have been during the reign of Gallianus.
 NEPHELIS
  It is located 12 km away from Gazipasha, in a village called Bananacity Village ( Muzkent Koy ) . South of the city surrounded with sea and rocky hills. The old city is on the Acropolis and the ruins lie east to west. The buildings of the ruins are a castle from the Middle Ages, an odeon, a temple, the waterways and a necropolis which were dated to Roman and Byzantium periods. The inscriptions from the city are displayed at Alanya Museum. It consists of eulogies for the Byzantium Emperor Xenon. Also we can see the name of the Mayor of Clycia Cornelius Dexter, in another inscription. This inscription has been written from the people of the city and the Council of State. The small Odeon in the city represents the cultural activities of those times.
 SELINUS
  The old city is located close to Gazipasa. The Acropol was built on a hill. In this city there is a Middle Age castle. The walls and the towers of the castle are well preserved. There are also a church and a cistern on the Acropolis. The ruins of the city consist of baths, an agora, a kiosk, water canals, arches and a necropolis. Selinus is one of the most important cities of the mountainous area of Clickya. The city is named after the Roman Emperor Traian, who died in this city.
KALE - DEMRE
 MYRA














Situated between Finike and Kas, Myra is 25 kms. from Finike and 48 kms. from Kas. It was one of the most important cities among the other six Lycian cities. It was settled in the 5th century B.C. Although it was originally a coastal town, it has retreated from the sea because of the alluvium from the Demre stream. It was abandoned in the 9th century A.D. after the Arab invasion. The rock tombs, the theatre and St. Nicholas Church have survived to make it a place worth visiting.
St. Nicholas, born in 245 A.D. in Patara near Fethiye (known variously as St.Nicholas, Father Christmas, Santa Claus, Heilige Nikolaus and Pere Noel) died in 326 A.D., having spent his life in Anatolia
Son of a wealthy family and of good education, he devoted himself to mankind. Because of the assistance he rendered to those around him, St. Nicholas was known as the protector of children and sailors, and to this day the legend of Father Christmas has continued to live as vividly as ever.
As the Bishop of Demre, by his religious and social work, he solved the problems of the people in a humane way. After he died he was buried in Demre and a church was built there for his memory. In 108 Italian pirates stole some of his bones and took them to Bari. In their haste they left a few behind and these are today on display in the Antalya Museum.
In a number of countries the death of St. Nicholas is commemorated by special ceremonies and by giving presents to children, and in fact it takes on the significance of a new year.
It was in the years 1951-55 that it was realized St. Nicholas was Santa Claus (or Father Christmas) and this drew a lot of attention to Turkey, with articles in the papers and items on the radio, and in 1955 a Father Christmas stamp was issued. After that date celebrations for Father Christmas started to be held regularly.
The first Father Christmas symposium ever held in Antalya was between 5-7 December 1983. This is now held annually and is attended by religious and scientific people from all over the world. In these symposiums, in keeping with Anatolia's St. Nicholas' love for humanity, a call is made to people of different religions and beliefs for peace, friendship and brotherhood.
KALKAN - PATARA
 PATARA


At about 10 kms. beyond Kalkan on the Kalkan-Fethiye highway you turn south and continue 10 kms. along the road to Patara. The painted ceramics found in the acropolis prove that the city existed in the 5th century B.C. Patara opened its doors to Alexander the Great, thereby earning the status of an important harbour city, in addition to having been the birthplace of St. Nicholas. The triple gateway through which one enters Patara is thought to have been built in 100 A.D. One of its most important edifices is its theatre which is now buried in sand.
 XANTHOS


This is the oldest and the largest city of the mountain province of Lycia, settled in the valley of the Xanthos river. Until the Persian invasion it was an independent state. When the people of Xanthos,who had bravely tried to defend their city, realized that they could not repulse the invasion, they first killed their women committed mass suicide by throwing themselves into the flames. About 80 surviving families and people who immigrated there rebuilt the city, but a fire which broke out about 100 years later razed it to the ground. In spite of this, the city was again rebuilt and, as a result of establishing good relations with the west, was considered as an important centre. However, Xanthos again met with an unfortunate end. As a result of resisting the taxes the Athenians wanted to impose on them in 429 B.C., the city was largely destroyed and the inhabitants were drawn into a war. And thus Xanthos became a city of disasters. The city itself consists of the Lycian acropolis and the parts remaining outside it, as well as the Roman acropolis. The most interesting building is the Roman theatre and the edifices of the theatre's western shoreline. Of these the most famous is the Harpy Monument, which is a family sarcophagus situated on a rock. The original of this relief-decorated sarcophagus is in the British Museum, and a very good copy of this is in its place. Close by can be seen very interesting Lycian sarcophagi from the 6th and 1st centuries B.C.
 LETOON


 To reach Letoon, you turn west one kilometer beyond the road from KINIK to Fethiye and continue 5 km. The history of Letoon is closely linked with that of Xanthos. It is known to have been one of the most important religious centers of the Lycian region. Due to the rising water level, archeological digs have been suspended. The remains unearthed indicate they belong to the period between the 7th century B.C. and the 6th century A.D. The most important edifice is the Greek style theater which has been preserved until our day.
KAS
 ANTIPHELLOS


Today's Kas is a coastal city of the Lycians. Phellos is the Greek word for stony place and this name is very well suited to Kas. Its well preserved rock tombs and theater are well worth seeing. Kas today is a small and charming coastal resort.
 SIMENA








This is reached by sea from Ucagiz. The beauty of Simena lies in its blending of history, sea and sun. Here, one is fascinated by the remains of ancient civilizations lying under the blue and translucent waters of the Mediterranean. Kale's history dates back to the Lycian era. Roman and later eras are piled on top of each other. The theatre carved out of the rocks is one of the smallest of Lycia. The walls were built in Roman times but it is thought that additions were made in later eras.
KEMER
 PHASELIS




One km. after turning south 57 km. along the Antalya-Kemer highway (in itself a beautiful ride) one reaches Phaselis. This was settled by the Rhodians in the 7th century B.C. and for many years was claimed to be the most important port city of the eastern Lycian seaboard. Phaselis has three harbours: the North harbour, the Military or Protected (enclosed) harbour and the South harbour, of which the most important is the latter. A 20-24 m. wide avenue runs throughout the city. The western end is the site of Hadrian's Gate. On either side of the avenue are sidewalks and shops. Close to these can be seen the public places like the baths, the theatre and the agora.
 OLYMPOS AND CIRALI






Phaselis is in the west part of Antalya and is between Kemer and Adrasan. After passing Phaselis on the Antalya-Kumluca highway, signposts leading to Olympos and Cirali will be seen and Olympos can be reached by following either route. Cirali is the name of the village near Olympos, which was a port city established in the 2nd century and which continued to flourish until the 15th century A.D. The famous myth of Bellerophontes is said to have taken place here. The antique city is on two sides of a beautiful valley. A sandy beach is found where the town and the valley meet the sea, into which a mountain stream flows. An hour's walk from Olympos brings you to the natural phenomenon of Cirali. Known by the local inhabitants as the burning mountain (Yanartas), it is a result of escaping natural gas, whose flames have been shooting heavenwards for centuries. It is suggested that those who wish to visit the Yanartas for the first time should be accompanied by someone from the village.
KUMLUCA
 KORYDALLA
  The city, located in the area of today's Kumluca is 90 kms. west of Antalya. Although Korydalla belongs to the Lycian era, it is known to have developed during the Byzantine times. The treasures found in the region are all over the world, but no important remains can be seen there today.
MANAVGAT - SIDE
 SIDE








Side is reached by turning south 3 km. before Manavgat on the Antalya-Alanya highway. The exact date of its founding is not known. In the language of Anatolia Side means Pomegranate. From inscriptions it appears that Side dates back to the Hittite Period. The city was constructed on a peninsula and was a Hellenistic and Roman town, protected by city and sea walls. One's attention is particularly drawn to the city gates and walls, as well as many remains of aqueducts which brought water from the foothills of the Taurus Mountains and the surrounding country. The old baths have been restored and turned into a museum, in which are exhibited some of the statues and art treasures found in Side.

One of its most important buildings is its 15,000 spectator theater. The difference between this Roman theater and other antique theaters in the region is that it is not built against a hillside. The 2 storey theater, built on a series of arches, is 20 m. high. The orchestra and the stage are in a state of ruin. Rainwater canals run under the theater. Side has colonnaded streets, a triumphal arch, a harbor, baths, fountains, cisterns, aquaducts, temples and an agora.
 SELGE


Selge is in the north of Manavgat, on the Antalya-Alanya highway, where the Selge signpost will be seen, after which it is a further 55 km. The road is good until Koprulu Canyon, but for the last 12 km. after the ancient bridge, a jeep-type vehicle is recommended. It is particularly beautiful in the area of the Koprulu Canyon. Built at 950 m. above sea level, Selge was a Psidia mountain settlement. The best preserved building is the theater, and the city walls, the tower, the cisterns, the stadium and the necropolis are worth seeing.
SERIK - BELEK
 ASPENDOS












After passing Serik on the Antalya-Alanya highway, you turn north and continue for 4 km. It dates back to the 5th century B.C. The theater which was built in the 2nd century A.D. was periodically repaired by the Seljuks who used it as a caravansaray. It is one of the best preserved theaters to be found today. Allowing 0.50 m. per seat, the theater holds 7000 spectators, with an additional 500 in the orchestra. Today it is used for concerts, festivals and grease wrestling events. In addition to the theater the agora, basilica, nymphaeum and 15 km. of aqueducts are to be seen.
   
 SILLYON


About 35 km. along the Antalya-Alanya highway, you turn north and continue 8 km. until Silyon is reached. It was built on an ellipse-shaped table-like plateau rising above the flat plain. Due to its location the surrounding areas can easily be seen, and in fact the view stretches as far as the Mediterranean. It was settled in the 4th century B.C. and it lived not only through the Hellenistic, Roman and Byzantine periods, but was also used by the Seljuks who also added buildings and increased its wealth. Some of its interesting sights are the stadium, gymnasium, turrets, Seljuk mosque, the theater whose proscenium is buried under rocks, and the sports arena.

Best homes turkey international for Turkish real estate homes in turkey.
Best homes turkey internationaal in Turks onroerend goed-huizen in Turkije.
Best homes turkey internationaler vermittler von Trkischen Immobilien Turkei-Haus in der Tuerkei
Best homes turkey türkiyedeki satlık ve kiralık evler, villalar, emlaklar
Best homes turkey Tyrkisk eiendomsmegler i Tyrkia Bolig i Tyrkia
Компания Бест хоумс туркей представляет на выбор продажу всех типов недвижимости-квартир,вилл,земельных участков,отелей,пансионов,усадеб .

Copyright by Yaprak A. 2008